Click the button, below,
to access the latest statistics.
- Trade statistics from a small range of commodities
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO),
- Includes international statistics concerning
production, trade, food balance sheets, fertilizers and pesticides,
land use and irrigation, and food aid shipments. Click on the
link for statistical databases, then agriculture. FAOSTAT does
not cover all types of seeds, nor does it divide seed into separate
categories. This database is more useful for general agricultural
- From the FAO homepage, Food Outlook provides
a global perspective on the production, stocks and trade of cereals
and other basic food commodities.
- Food Crops and Shortages report contains
country-by-country summaries of the production, trade, stocks
and consumption of food commodities as well as food aid requirements,
pledges, and actual deliveries when appropriate.
Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS),
U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Good source for international agriculture
information. For commodity specific information, go to www.fas.usda.gov/commodity.html
and click on Commodity Pages. From there, Seeds or U.S. Planting
Seed Trade may be specified. This is probably the most complete
and accurate source of data on U.S. seed exports and imports.
National Agriculture Statistics Service (NASS)
- Data and graphs on domestic crop production.
There is also a search engine that searches three NASS databases
for any reports containing the "key" words.
- From the NASS homepage, the census of agriculture
is accessible, but does not include much seed-specific information.
International Seed Federation (ISF)
- For limited data on worldwide seed production
click on statistics. Includes a chart on genetically modified
crop acreage for selected crops.
- This site also has information on the worldwide
seed industry and links to other seed-related international organizations.
Farm Service Agency (FSA), Commodity Operations
- Information on government commodity purchases,
sales, notices, invitations, and awards.
Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Monitors government trade sanctions.
- Lists suppliers of specific seed varieties
and posts trade leads.